Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happiness amongst the End of the World!!!!!


Well, it's worth a shot, anyway.

Just when things didn't look like they could get tighter for me between work and getting this project through, "they," you know, as in "the man" pulls me for jury duty! Not that I ever thought much about it, but I was suprised it actually happens in Canada! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be screaming "Fry the Bastard!!" before they even start the proceedings on the donut thief, but sheesh... I'll be working on getting out've this, or at least push it back 'til the new year. How's that for a self absorbed Seinfeld-ism? (Extra points for reading this next part aloud in your best Jerry voice!) "While I don't mind performing my civic duty, do ya think we could just keep the accused in a holding cell for a few months? Of course, then it'll be the ski season.... Y'know, I hear spring's a wonderful time for life sentencing...."