Monday, December 17, 2007

Jimmy meets Kevin Smith


My script is done, and I've roughed out the book in a thumbnail manner. Now comes getting into a smooth, constant style that looks like you've been drawing it for years. Anyone that's done a book knows that by the time you reach the end, you want to burn the first few pages, then the next few, then...well, Oroboris'll tell ya, it never ends.

So to avoid this, I did up a quick page (out of context) that I'm not sure will survive the last editing sweep that is the penciling pass. Man, there's a lot of finessing better happen, including simply using the proper materials. I inked this with a Pilot Fineliner. I don't know why, I've always hated them, and just had to remind myself why , I guess.

Anyhoo, here's the test page. A definite change of pace for me, it's going to be fun. Well, until I get to the end and go back to fix this page up. Just this one, honest....